The Chicago ACE Mentor Program and Associate Board of Directors is happy to announce two scholarship opportunities offered exclusively to ACE Chicago Alumni: our annual ACE Alumni Scholarship and the Eli W. Cohen Scholarship. See further details below regarding the award, eligibility and the application process.
Both awards are offered to encourage excellence at post-secondary levels and to bridge our support of ACE students from high school graduation to an eventual career in the design or construction industry. Applicants will be assessed by the ACE Chicago Associate Board of Directors and will be based on the following criteria:
- Outstanding performance in the student’s chosen ACE-related education track
- Compelling personal character
- Demonstration of leadership within scholastic and/or extracurricular activities
- Organization and presentation of the student’s application
Annual ACE Alumni Scholarship
- Sponsored by the ACE Associate Board
- One-time $2,000 scholarship
- Eligibility: Chicago ACE alumni seeking a degree in the fields of Architecture, Construction, Engineering, or related disciplines at the undergraduate or graduate level. Qualified applicants must have completed at least 1 year of post-secondary education.
Eli W. Cohen Scholarship
- Sponsored by the family of Eli W. Cohen, a renowned structural engineer who helped forge the Chicago skyline and founded the consulting firm that eventually became Thornton Tomasetti. The Cohen family will participate in the selection of the scholarship recipient.
- Recurring $2,000 award paid annually for max of 3 years until graduation.
- Eligibility: Chicago alumni pursuing an engineering degree. Qualified applicants must have completed at least 1 year of post-secondary education.
Applicants interested in one or both of these scholarships must email the below documents for consideration by October 23, 2017 to 0R3475_.email@example.com. Once you send your attachments to this address they will be automatically uploaded to our system and you should receive a confirmation email.
- Resume and cover letter, including the dates of enrollment in the ACE program
- Personal statement reflecting on your experiences in the ACE program and highlighting your commitment to the design and/or construction industries (approx. 1-2 typed pages)
- Official transcript(s) reflecting coursework through Spring 2017
- Letter of recommendation written by an employer, teacher, mentor or other person familiar with your collegiate or professional work (letter should be either emailed directly to the Associate Board email or sealed/signed & mailed, and may not be written by a member of the ACE Board)
- Please indicate if you are interested in the ACE Alumni Scholarship, the Eli W. Cohen scholarship or both.
Recommendation letters can be sent directly by the author (from their email address) to the above address OR firstname.lastname@example.org, OR mailed to:
ACE Alumni Scholarship
c/o Katrina Fernandez Nova
Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
111 West Monroe Street, Suite 2300
Chicago, IL 60603
We look forward to receiving your application! Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
ACE Chicago Associate Board of Directors