The Chicago ACE Mentor Program is proud to award nearly
$200,000 in college scholarships each year.
Support for our scholarship fund comes from our annual fundraising campaign and financial contributions from our Executive Board and Host Firms. Through the generous support of the ACE industry, we are able to provide two types of scholarships:
High School Student Scholarships
Students who participate in our after-school program receive an application for our high school students scholarships. Students apply in the spring and their mentors submit recommendations which accompany the application. At the culmination of our after-school program, qualified students are awarded college scholarships.
The exact amount of scholarships is subject to change each year. To qualify, students should have good attendance in the ACE program, be an active and engaged participant and express an interest in building industry careers. In addition to college, scholarships can be used for costs related to Trades Apprenticeships.
ACE Alumni Scholarships
Beginning in 2019, the Executive and Associate Boards of ACE created a special scholarship fund for ACE Alumni, defined as students who participated in ACE Chicago as high school students, graduated and are currently enrolled in college
ACE awards $50,000 to Alumni annually, in scholarship amounts ranging from $5,000 – $20,000. Exact amounts are determined by ACE.
The deadline to apply for a 2021 ACE Alumni Scholarship is Friday, March 19, 2021
Alumni Eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled in a post-secondary school such as a community college, college or university.
- Have completed your first two years of post-secondary. Students are eligible to apply for their junior year and above.
- We do consider students in their 5th year of an ACE program. Grad students are welcome to apply but priority is given to undergraduates.
- Demonstration of financial need is a key consideration. Students with full-ride scholarships will not be considered.
- Key consideration is given to students who are underrepresented in the ACE industries. A primary mission of ACE Mentor Chicago is to promote equity and inclusion in the building industry.